Understand Technology in China
China is regarded as an important hub of technology growth and innovation. What's truly fascinating about it is the fact that the technology landscape, be it SaaS platforms, e-commerce, or even hardware, are significantly different in China as compared with the rest of the world. Our program will help you understand this truly unique technology ecosystem.
By participating in the program, your summer in China is not restricted to classroom learning and exploring cultural aspects of the country – they are definitely not enough for you to know or understand such an important market in depth. The second part of the program will let you experience the technology world in China by putting you in a group working on projects with a multi-national company or a dynamic startup for a four-week internship.
Highlights of the 2019 Technology and Startup Scene in China program:
- Two-week study at the University of Shanghai for Science and Technology where you will be immersed in a series of courses about tech and business in China which will be delivered by professors or highly experienced practitioners in the fields. The courses will provide you with the necessary context and foundation to excel at your internship. Upon successful completion of the courses, you will receive credits which may be transferred back to your home institution.
- Four-week internship working in groups on projects with the Shanghai area offices of Fortune 1000, China Fortune 1000 or Financial Times Europe 500 companies or in a local tech startup. The choice is decided by you. You will have the extraordinary opportunity to learn how tech businesses are running in China, present project outcomes directly to company’s management teams and experience working in a team with talents from different origins and expertise.
- Optional Mandarin course: optional Mandarin classes one-on-one or in small groups can be arranged to help you learn and master the intriguing Chinese language
- Networking events: activities to put you in connection with the local tech and business community – useful in building up your own networks.
- Corporate visits: visits to Shanghai companies to give you additional business exposure.
- Optional excursions to other cities: short trips to other cities to explore the unique Chinese culture – putting you in real-life situations to speak and practice the Chinese language
- Technology and Startup Scene in China
- Program Overview
- University of Shanghai for Science and Technology
- Program Details
- Tuition and Fees